CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

WILKOMMEN!!!

Welcome fellas, to the threestooges blog. It's mine and mine alone, the name is just the first thing that pops up in my head whilst creating it. Enjoy your stay and please leave some constructive comments. Appreciate it! :-)

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Romantic comedy addict; that's me!

You see, if you know me personally this will not be a surprise at all. However, if you just know me well... so and so, you would be shocked to discover this fact. Why? Because I look tough on the outside. Truthfully, I'm not a romantic person. But like every other girl out there, no matter how cheesy sometimes they find these romantic acts, we all love it. So, I honestly enjoy watching romantic comedy films. Some of my favourites are Just Like Heaven, The Wedding Planner, Sweet Home Alabama, and many more. I'm also a huge fan of classic romance novels written by Jane Austen, the Brontë's, Elizabeth Gaskell, etc. Thus, I must emphasize my passion in watching the BBC tv series of these novels.

Recently, I was having some extra free time and I killed it by watching films from my favourite genre; romantic comedy. I watched three films which are Life As We Know It (starring Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel), And I Hate You So (Aaron Kwok and Kelly Chen), A Walk to Remember (Mandy Moore and Shane West), and Never Been Kissed (Drew Barrymore and Michael Vartan).

Okay, life as we know it brings two ppl that hated each other but their best friends married each other. And they were their besties best man and bridesmaid, and they're both involved in their best friends lives until they had a child. One day, their best friend had an accident and unfortunately succumb to their injury. They thus left their daughter, Sophie, in the hand of their besties. Thru many obstacles they faced together which brought them together as a family, this film for me us a joy to watch. I reckon because it is believable, and close to reality. My only setback was Katherine Heigl's performance. Not good enough. Duhamel though, was brilliant. But all in all, I like this film and will definitely watch it again.

Okay, and I hate you so is a Hong Kong film. I've watched this many times. It's about a columnist of a newspaper in HK that discovered her first boyfriend sold a vinyl record she got for him to a thrift store. Coincidentally, a radio DJ bought it and though persuaded by the lady, firmly rejected her plea. Not only that he made fun of her during his show and this fueled up her anger towards him. Later she called her ex bf and though she didn't get thru to him, that act of hers brought him back in her life. Meanwhile, she met the DJ in person n out of anger she splashed her red wine to him and their feud increased. So much things happened but at last they learned that they like each other. Though I really like the story but the ending is pretty dry. That's my only comment.


Alright, now this brings me to the third film, which is A Walk to Remember. This film is based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks. Okay, if you're familiar with his work, then you will know what kind of film this is. It is romantic, but surely focusing on teenager's love blossoms and ending tragically. To be honest, I don't like it at all. In simpler words, I totally hate it. 

Finally, Never Been Kissed. The word finally really fits in, because I've been procrastinating to watch this film since its release back in '99, which was the year I started my bachelor's in UTP. It was one of the most popular VCD for rental back then, but I don't know somehow other films of about similar genres captured my "then" attention. Well, anyway, the review. I find it okay overall, though I think Drew Barrymore acted the same way in all her films I've watched so far. I guess she can't help it, being herself and all that. Hmm~ I liked the ending though the content, not so. 

Today, I've added two more films of romantic comedy to watch; Four Christmases and The Bridget Jones Diary. The first film between Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon, it was okay. Not bad. But I don't think I'll be watching it again. However, the Bridget Jones Diary, wowowowowow! I absolutely love it! hehehe XD well, this film received a similar treatment like Never Been Kissed (procrastination on watching it). I've heard many positive reviews on it but never really got around to watch it. And finally, today I did. Gosh, I love Colin Firth! I love Mr Mark Darcy here and when he was Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy then in a BBC adaptation of Austen's Pride and Prejudice (1995). I love him, what a wonderful actor, and more importantly, what a great man he is. Hehehe XD (I'm smiling all over, because he's just ever so wonderful). Ahem~~~~ *earth to Suhaila* well, okay... hmmm~ though my situation is quite similar to Bridget (being single in her 30's) but I am happy to announce that I am happy with my life. I am genuinely happy being single =) Honest! Hahaha XD I mean, at this moment I'm not really looking for someone or some sort, but if he happens to come along the way and he's good enough for me, and if Allah has already said that we're meant for each other, then you'll get the news. 

So, what is the conclusion from this write-up? Errrr.... well, the title speaks it hahhaa XD okay now, I want to continue working. This writing is a combination from last night's stuff and today's work. Aahhhh~~~*stretching* See you next time, bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment